- London Bridge Status September 2016
- London Bridge status late August 2016
- Farewell Tooley Street Offices
- East Croydon Platform Raising
- East Kent Re-signalling April 2016
- London Bridge status April 2016
- Lancing Footbridge Refurbishment
- Crossrail- Abbey Wood Takes Shape
- RVEL Ultra 73 Progress
- Rochester's New Station January 2016
- London Bridge status January 2016
- London Bridge status December 2015
- London Bridge status October 2015
- London Bridge status September 2015
- London Bridge - What A Difference 363 Days Makes!
- London Bridge status June 2015
- London Bridge status May 2015
- Kent Coast Infrastructure March 2015
- London Bridge status March 2015
- London Bridge status February 2015
- Platform 0 at Redhill
- GB Railfreight Class 73/9s down south
- Snow & Ice Treatment Trains
- Crossrail Abbey Wood Progress
- Themed Hoarding Waterloo P21&22
- London Bridge After January 10th 2015
- London Bridge Prior to January 10th 2015
- Track Re-laying at Wimbledon 2015
- London Bridge Signal Box -
End of Whole Station Operation December 2014
- Former Cig MBSO at Edinburgh
- Waterloo Platforms 21 & 22 Open
- RVEL Ultra 73
- Loco Hauled De-icers 2013
- Refurbished GLV De-Icers: A Closer Look
- Refreshed GLV De-Icers Appear
- 73141 Named Twice!
- GLV De-Icers In Service
- GLV De-Icers Test Trips
London Bridge Redevelopment October 2015 Status
All photographs on this very interesting page are by Colin Price.
Colin Price returned to the London Bridge area on 19th October 2015 to record the latest progress in the massive re-development of the station. For this month's report we are taking it from west to east.
(left) The new crossovers at Ewer Street are clearly identifiable from the clean ballast. From January 2016 this will be the limit of the four track section from Charing Cross, continuing as dual track over the new viaduct over Borough Market. The Met Reversible line from Cannon Street will remain in situ but only with access to and from Blackfriars. The trains are the 12:09 Charing Cross - Gillingham with 465192 & 465021 and the 12:10 Charing Cross - Ramsgate with 375711.
|(above) 375310 leading 11:40 Charing Cross - Dover through platform 4. The weekend before some new hoardings went up on the edge of platform 4, blocking part of the platform from the track. You can just see that the truncated end of the old footbridge is supported by steel beams.|
(top) Borough Market as seen from ground level. 66952 with a ballast train on the new viaduct over Borough High Street.
(above) The Charing Cross end of the new platforms 6 - 9. From January 2016 only platforms 7 - 9 will have trains running through, the new platform 6 remaining part of the worksite, as work moves further over to the north. As can be seen access to the new viaduct was through platform 9. The train is the 12.24 Charing Cross - Gravesend with 465033.
(below) Looking east, the new platforms taking shape on the Charing Cross lines. From January 2016 Charing Cross trains will run through the new platforms 7 - 9, although not calling until August 2016. At the bottom of this photograph is the area that will become the new large street level concourse.
|(above) The latest at the site of the Bermondsey dive-under. The foundations of some of the pillars which will support the Charing Cross lines as they drop down from the old viaduct are visible under the end of the viaduct next to the incinerator plant.|