- London Bridge Status September 2016
- London Bridge status late August 2016
- Farewell Tooley Street Offices
- East Croydon Platform Raising
- East Kent Re-signalling April 2016
- London Bridge status April 2016
- Lancing Footbridge Refurbishment
- Crossrail- Abbey Wood Takes Shape
- RVEL Ultra 73 Progress
- Rochester's New Station January 2016
- London Bridge status January 2016
- London Bridge status December 2015
- London Bridge status October 2015
- London Bridge status September 2015
- London Bridge - What A Difference 363 Days Makes!
- London Bridge status June 2015
- London Bridge status May 2015
- Kent Coast Infrastructure March 2015
- London Bridge status March 2015
- London Bridge status February 2015
- Platform 0 at Redhill
- GB Railfreight Class 73/9s down south
- Snow & Ice Treatment Trains
- Crossrail Abbey Wood Progress
- Themed Hoarding Waterloo P21&22
- London Bridge After January 10th 2015
- London Bridge Prior to January 10th 2015
- Track Re-laying at Wimbledon 2015
- London Bridge Signal Box -
End of Whole Station Operation December 2014
- Former Cig MBSO at Edinburgh
- Waterloo Platforms 21 & 22 Open
- RVEL Ultra 73
- Loco Hauled De-icers 2013
- Refurbished GLV De-Icers: A Closer Look
- Refreshed GLV De-Icers Appear
- 73141 Named Twice!
- GLV De-Icers In Service
- GLV De-Icers Test Trips
London Bridge Redevelopment May 2015 Status
|Over the May Day Bank Holiday weekend there were some developments around London Bridge in preparation for the slewing over of the Up Charing Cross line which was due to be done over the Spring Bank Holiday. Colin Price continues to record the changes.|
(above) 466031 and 465192 approaching on the Up Passenger Loop working 12:24 Gillingham - Charing Cross on 7th May. To the left can be seen where from the end of May the temporary buffer stops will be removed and trains will come up line 6 to outside London Bridge then over towards where platform 5 was. Also visible are a pair of 66s on a ballast train on the disused 4 down line.
(below) Also on 7th May 376034 on the rear of 13:08 Hayes - Charing Cross on the Up Passenger Loop. Trains will cease to run through on this alignment after close of service on 22nd May. Note the section of footbridge over the Up Passenger Loop in the process of being dismantled.
(above) On 7th May the remains of the footbridge onto platforms 5/6. The notice says it will shut from January 10th 2015.
(below) 375306 approaching with 13:40 Charing Cross - Ramsgate on 7th May. The new alignment through the Borough Market end of platforms 5/6 is shown. Next to the leading cab of the 375 can be seen where the subway used to come up onto platforms 5/6. 375306 was the second to go off to Derby in the Electrostar overhaul programme.
(above) 465041 arriving on platform 3 with 12:40 Cannon St - Cannon St on 7th May. On the right a large part of platforms 5/6 have been demolished.
(below) A day later 375912 on the rear of 375625 working the 13:31 Hastings - Charing Cross passing 465014, 465015 and 466015 on the 14:40 Cannon St - Cannon St. The Hastings service is on the stretch slewed over from the Up Fast to run onto what was the old 4 Down line. The temporary buffer stops are on what was 5 Down and 3 Up. Where the lines are slewed over 4 Down has become the Up Charing Cross line while 3 Up has become the Down Charing Cross.
(above) 375804 comes off the Down Charing Cross going over onto the previous alignment of the Down Fast working the 14:40 Charing Cross - Dover on 8th May.
(below) At London Bridge construction is visible of some of the platform canopy supports on what will be the high level platforms through to Charing Cross, being put up on the site of the old platforms 7-9. Colin Price did not notice this on the previous day, 7th May, so may well have gone up overnight.
Earlier aspects of the re-development of London Bridge Station: