- Custom-built ready to run EMUs
- Kit-built DMUs
- Kit-built, conversions and scratch-built EMUs
- Kit-built, super-detailing, conversions and scratch-built locomotives
- Mass-produced and custom-built ready to run electric locomotives and electro-diesel locomotives
- Mass-produced ready to run diesel locomotives
- Southern Electric resin buildings
- Mass-produced ready to run DEMUs:
- Kernow 2H
- Mass-produced ready to run DMUs:
- Bachmann Class 159
- Bachmann Class 159 new version 2020
- Bachmann Class 170/171
- Mass-produced ready to run EMUs:
- Bachmann 2EPB
- Bachmann 2Hap
- Bachmann 4Cep
- Bachmann MLV
- Bachmann Class 450
- DJ Models HA (Class 71)
- Early Models
- EFE Isle of Wight Stock
- Hornby Dublo
- Hornby 2Bil
- Hornby 2Hal
- Hornby 4Vep
- Hornby Class 395
- Hornby Brighton Belle
- Hornby Eurostar
- Hornby Networker
- Kernow 4TCs
4mm scale mass-produced ready to run EMUs - Wrenn
Below are illustrations of 4mm scale EMUs produced ready-to-run by major
manufacturers. Details of how to contact manufacturers and
suppliers can be found in our modelling contacts section.
To view any picture larger (max. 60kB) - click on the picture and it will open in another window.
Regret larger pictures are not available for these two models
Produced by G&R Wrenn, overall between 1976 and 1992, the power cars were from tooling produced by Wrenn and are not former Hornby Dublo models, however the trailer cars relied upon former Hornby Dublo Pullman car tooling.
Excluding limited editions, production of umber and cream versions is distinguished by two phases, earlier models (prior to 1986) having brown table tops and later producton - as illustrated - having painted white tops.
Blue & Grey trailer cars appear to have been available ahead of the matching power cars being produced, but all have white table tops.
In the opinion of the reviewer these models have a "collectable" value well in excess of the quality of the model, which clearly shows its 1960s/70s origin. The going rate (depending upon state of model and box) for non limited edition power car pairs being £80-£250 (blue & grey) and £170 - £275 (umber and cream).
photographs © David Rowlands