- Class 700 to Sevenoaks
- Thameslink to Sevenoaks
- Class 700 Exterior Details
- Class 700 Interior Details
- Class 700 Enters Passenger Service
- Class 700 Launch at Blackfriars
- Class 442 Units Into Store
- Brighton Mainline Southern End Snapshot
- Multiplicity of 387/2s
- Class 387/2 Enters Service
- Class 700 Testing in Daylight
- 73202 named Graham Stenning
- Class 700 First Testing on Mainline
- Class 387/2s begin DC testing
- Class 319 through Clapham Junction
- Class 319 via Lewes (still!)
- Class 387/1 in service
- Class 387/1 on threshold of entering service
- Class 700 on display at Innotrans
- Class 319s in Interim Livery
- Class 700 Interiors Mock-Up
Class 387 in Service
The Class 387/1 entered passenger service, a little later than anticipated, on Monday 8th December 2014. 387105 (at the south end of the formation) and 387106 (at the north end) had the honour, commencing with the 05:40 Brighton to Bedford working. Colin Price was on hand to record the train at London Bridge when the formation was making its first return to Brighton, the 08:24 Bedford to Brighton.
This is a significant picture because Class 387s will only run through London Bridge High Level until 19th December 2014. By the time the station re-opens for full Thameslink working they are planned to have been transferred to other services, probably with another TOC.
Unfortunately it was not an auspicious day for GTR Thameslink as, due to a Class 319 on a Sutton service failing at City Thameslink, 387105 and 387106 were later taken out of service at Haywards Heath and run fast to north of the Thames to pick up their scheduled working. They were observed back on their passenger carrying diagram towards the end of their planned working day whilst working the 21:22 Bedford to Brighton.
Note below the reflection of the earlier class of Electrostars on Thameslink services, in the form of 377518, in the window of 387106 and also the new six figure vehicle number carried by these new trains.
photographs by Colin Price