- London Bridge Status September 2016
- London Bridge status late August 2016
- Farewell Tooley Street Offices
- East Croydon Platform Raising
- East Kent Re-signalling April 2016
- London Bridge status April 2016
- Lancing Footbridge Refurbishment
- Crossrail- Abbey Wood Takes Shape
- RVEL Ultra 73 Progress
- Rochester's New Station January 2016
- London Bridge status January 2016
- London Bridge status December 2015
- London Bridge status October 2015
- London Bridge status September 2015
- London Bridge - What A Difference 363 Days Makes!
- London Bridge status June 2015
- London Bridge status May 2015
- Kent Coast Infrastructure March 2015
- London Bridge status March 2015
- London Bridge status February 2015
- Platform 0 at Redhill
- GB Railfreight Class 73/9s down south
- Snow & Ice Treatment Trains
- Crossrail Abbey Wood Progress
- Themed Hoarding Waterloo P21&22
- London Bridge After January 10th 2015
- London Bridge Prior to January 10th 2015
- Track Re-laying at Wimbledon 2015
- London Bridge Signal Box -
End of Whole Station Operation December 2014
- Former Cig MBSO at Edinburgh
- Waterloo Platforms 21 & 22 Open
- RVEL Ultra 73
- Loco Hauled De-icers 2013
- Refurbished GLV De-Icers: A Closer Look
- Refreshed GLV De-Icers Appear
- 73141 Named Twice!
- GLV De-Icers In Service
- GLV De-Icers Test Trips
London Bridge Signal Box - End of Whole Station Operation
At the close of service on 19th December 2014 (actually in the early hours of the 20th) the low level side of London Bridge station was shut for extensive work and re-opened on 5th January 2015. When it reopened the low level side had been transferred from London Bridge signal box to the new ROC at Three Bridges. On 16th December Colin Price visited and took these pictures to record what it was like in full swing just before the era ended.
The following pictures were taken with permission and we are very grateful to both Network Rail and all who were on shift at the time for being most accommodating and welcoming.
(above) Panels 8 and 9, the Central (low level) side panels, with London Bridge station closest to the camera.
(below) Panels 1 - 7, the Eastern (high level) side with Charing Cross station closest to the camera.
(above) Part of panels 1 -3, Charing Cross on the left (panel 1), Cannon Street in the middle (panel 2) and London Bridge Eastern on the right (panel 3).
(below) Part of panels 3 and 4 from outside the throat at London Bridge on the left down to North Kent East Junction on the right with the Greenwich line splitting off at the top.
(above) Part of panels 4 - 6, North Kent East Junction on the left, the Greenwich line along the top, and middle right St. John's, the line down Nunhead bank, Lewisham through to Parks Bridge Junction and the Ladywell and Courthill loops on the right.
(below) Part of panels 4 - 7, St. John's on the left lower, along the top the Greenwich line down to Charlton Junction with the branch into Angerstein Wharf and the North Kent line dropping down to Blackheath Junction in the middle, the Bexleyheath line down as far as Eltham, through the middle the mainline down to Hither Green, with the Hayes line along the bottom.