- Custom-built ready to run EMUs
- Kit-built DMUs
- Kit-built, conversions and scratch-built EMUs
- Kit-built, super-detailing, conversions and scratch-built locomotives
- Mass-produced and custom-built ready to run electric locomotives and electro-diesel locomotives
- Mass-produced ready to run diesel locomotives
- Southern Electric resin buildings
- Mass-produced ready to run DEMUs:
- Kernow 2H
- Mass-produced ready to run EMUs:
- Bachmann 2EPB
- Bachmann 4Cep
- Bachmann MLV
- Bachmann Class 450
- DJ Models HA (Class 71)
- Early Models
- EFE Isle of Wight Stock
- Hornby Dublo
- Hornby 2Bil
- Hornby 2Hal
- Hornby 4Vep
- Hornby Class 395
- Hornby Brighton Belle
- Hornby Eurostar
- Hornby Networker
- Kernow 4TCs
4mm scale mass-produced ready to run EMUs - Hornby 4Vep
To view any picture larger (max. 60kB) - click on the picture and it will open in another window.
Hornby's long-awaited and overdue 4Vep models were released in early September 2011.
First to appear was the overall BR Blue version as unit 7756.
Following about a week later was the refurbished Vep version in late Network SouthEast livery as unit 3599. In addition to the additional small saloon in the MBSO, this model also features high intensity headlights.
Sadly a model that could have been stunning and excellent has been let down by a small number of compromises in design and production, and lapses of attention to detail, but all credit to Hornby for producing a model of a workaday slam door unit that nevertheless has many very good features.
|The BR blue and grey livery version - of an original unit 7830 - was also a long time in gestation and finally appeared in December 2014. Unfortunately this model still remains a "curate's egg" because whilst two errors have been corrected, one major error remains and another flaw has been introduced.|